Recently, we hosted a focus group session in Manhattan. Several retail professionals provided us with valuable feedback in ways to improve our software.
At EDI Options, we understand that the retail world is constantly adapting to the ever-increasing importance of ecommerce. We recognize that improving our custom EDI software will enable our clients to better adjust.
Electronic data interchange software should focus on optimal user capability. Our recent focus group presented us with valuable insights about obtaining meaningful analytics and streamlining operations.
Electronic Data Interchange Focus Group
Our electronic data interchange software only performs well if users are satisfied with it. With direct to consumer sales growing 10 to 20% per year, optimizing performance is a must. So, we consider customer input to be an absolute priority.
On Thursday, April 26th 2018, we hosted an electronic data interchange focus group at Bobby Van’s Grill in Times Square, Manhattan. Executives and operations team members from the retail industry enjoyed a sociable yet productive environment. We discussed EDI needs over Hors D’oeuvres and cocktails. Particularly delightful was the opportunity to meet several longtime clients in person.
The main goal was to learn and address important client concerns about our EDI software. Our focus group was a multimedia event. This included live polling about specific EDI features, and allowed us to hear input from all in attendance. Additionally, group discussions allowed us to explore potential improvements.
EDI Focus Group Attendees
Retail vendors in different industries have different EDI needs. Similarly, employees at different levels or in different roles within an organization use electronic data interchange metrics differently. To ensure that our custom EDI software fulfills these needs, we wanted to listen to all of our customers.
There was a versatile group in attendance. There was a mix of vendors from the jewelry, electronics, and clothing industries. The attendees provided us with important information about how our custom EDI software could be improved.
In future focus groups, we will further broaden this perspective with clients from other regions and industries.
Useful Electronic Data Interchange Insights
Beyond the important social aspect of this focus group, we were able to learn how to continue shaping our electronic data interchange software for customers.
President Neil Abbruzzese, partner Greg Wasserman, and the marketing team drove this customer-focused conversation. Because electronic data interchange software contains many moving, interdependent parts, honing in on specific issues was key.
We were particularly interested in how our electronic data interchange software could deliver stronger, more relevant insights for retail decision makers. With stronger analytics reporting, vendors and retailers alike can reevaluate selling strategies, and grow their businesses.
Throughout the discussion, our team accomplished several important objectives:
- Identified information that can be used as a measure of EDI productivity and efficiency. Doing so was critical to evaluating our EDI platform, and also making strides toward improvement.
- Discussed ways mobile devices can be used to provide timely and actionable information. In 2018, on-the-go executives must be able to access this information from any location.
- Reviewed different measures of EDI value from the perspective of employees in different roles. Creating software that offers a solution to all employees is critical as a custom EDI provider.
- Considered which performance analytics should inform decisions. Discussing this idea in an open forum allowed decision makers to collaborate, and also exchange industry insider tactics.
- Discussed the relationship between operations and analytics, and how our current custom EDI software meets these needs for clients. Refining these functions is critical in creating a product that performs well overall.
Moving Forward: Future EDI Focus Group Sessions
This conversation gave us a roadmap for future improvements to our EDI software. Because it was an overwhelming success, we intend to host more of these focus group sessions in the future. We hope to continue enhancing our electronic data interchange software to reach new capabilities.